You are here

Feed aggregator

Volunteer center for Leni-Kiko opened in Tagbilaran’s Balili House

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 16:02
TAGBILARAN CITY----The Bohol for Leni Robredo People's Council opened Wednesday its volunteer center on the ground floor of the Balili Heritage House in this city. Members of Bohol for Leni, composed of 23 sectoral groups and 38 city/municipal associations, gathered to affirm the coalition's commitment to supporting the candidacies of Robredo and Pangilinan for president and vice president. Joan Llanos, of Atbang's Bolhigh for Leni and the co-lead coordinator of the Bohol for Leni Ground Organizing Committee, expressed optimism at the campaign's growing number of supporters among Boholanos. Atbang's Bolhigh for Leni runs the "Lugaw Trike," one of the most active local "kakam...

Keep on reading: Volunteer center for Leni-Kiko opened in Tagbilaran’s Balili House
Categories: Breaking News

LeBron James clears NBA Covid-19 health and safety protocols after negative tests

CNN Top Stories - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 16:01
Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James is cleared to return to play after a brief stint isolated from his team due to the NBA's Covid-19 health and safety protocols.
Categories: Breaking News

DeMar DeRozan, Bulls too much for Knicks

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:57
DeMar DeRozan scored 34 points and Nikola Vucevic and Zach LaVine each added 27 to lift the visiting Chicago Bulls to a 119-115 victory over the New York Knicks on Thursday night. DeRozan made 12 of 19 shots from the floor and 10 of 11 from the free-throw line, continuing his impressive play vs. the Knicks. He had 31 points in the Bulls' 109-103 win over New York on Nov. 21. Vucevic followed up a season-high 30-point performance in Chicago's 133-119 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Monday by making 5 of 9 shots from 3-point range against New York. https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1466613125986152450 LaVine, who had been on the injury report with an illness, sank three 3-po...

Keep on reading: DeMar DeRozan, Bulls too much for Knicks
Categories: Breaking News

The latest on the Omicron variant

CNN Top Stories - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:52
Categories: Breaking News

Chinese submarine's alleged surprise show highlights risk of the unexpected at sea

CNN Top Stories - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:49
The unexpected appearance of an alleged Chinese submarine in the Taiwan Strait this week has highlighted the dangers posed by the frequent presence of military vessels in the narrow waterway, which analysts warn could ultimately spark an unintended conflict.
Categories: Breaking News

Spurs swamp Blazers, earn season-best third straight win

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:44
Bryn Forbes led all scorers with 18 points as the visiting San Antonio Spurs took charge early and cruised to a 114-83 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday to capture their season-high third straight victory. The Spurs never trailed, amassing a double-digit lead in the first quarter that they built to as much as 27 early in the third period. Portland clawed back within 12 points in the fourth quarter, but it was far too little, too late for the short-handed Trail Blazers, who played without Damian Lillard (abdomen) and Nassir Little (ankle). https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1466634110642839556 San Antonio's Doug McDermott returned from missing four games with a...

Keep on reading: Spurs swamp Blazers, earn season-best third straight win
Categories: Breaking News

Metro Manila now ‘very low risk’ for COVID-19 — OCTA Research

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:41
MANILA, Philippines --- Metro Manila is now at very low risk status for COVID-19, independent analytics group OCTA Research said Friday. "Based on our metrics, the NCR (National Capital Region) is now classified as very low risk," OCTA Research fellow Guido David said over Twitter. According to OCTA's data, Metro Manila only had 138 average new cases from November 26 to December 2 this year, lower than the 416 average cases from the same period last year. https://twitter.com/iamguidodavid/status/1466596622377566208 Meanwhile the reproduction number of COVID-19 in the region is currently 0.36, the average daily attack rate per 100,000 individuals is 0.97, and the p...

Keep on reading: Metro Manila now ‘very low risk’ for COVID-19 — OCTA Research
Categories: Breaking News

PH’s Bureau of Quarantine now tracing 182 travelers from South Africa

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:34
  MANILA, Philippines --- The Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) is trying to contact 182 more travelers from South Africa who arrived in the Philippines from November 15 to 29, the Department of Health (DOH) said Friday. Based on DOH data, a total of 253 travelers from South Africa, composed of 249 returning Filipinos and four foreign nationals, arrived in the Philippines from the said period. A total of 71 of them have been located or contacted. Of the 71 individuals, three have tested negative for COVID-19 and the test result of one traveler is still pending. The test results of 67 others are still being processed. Seventy of them are undergoing facility-based quarantine ...

Keep on reading: PH’s Bureau of Quarantine now tracing 182 travelers from South Africa
Categories: Breaking News

UPLM hopes activists now ‘free to move around’ after Agusan del Sur court’s junking of cases

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:29
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY----The lawyer of 17 activists whose cases were recently junked by a court in Agusan del Sur hopes her clients would now be "free to move around." Lawyer Czarina Golda S. Musni, secretary-general of the Union of People's Lawyers in Mindanao (UPLM), said of the 17 activists, only one, Teresita Naul, was arrested and detained concerning four cases filed before the Bayugan City regional trial court. Naul, a UPLM staff member, was arrested on March 15, 2020, based on a John Doe warrant. She was freed Oct. 26, after one year and seven months of detention at the Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur provincial jail. Five others, namely, Jomorito Guaynon, chairperson of Kalumb...

Keep on reading: UPLM hopes activists now ‘free to move around’ after Agusan del Sur court’s junking of cases
Categories: Breaking News

Palace: Give Duterte time to decide on his choice as successor

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:28
MANILA, Philippines --- Following Senator Bong Go's withdrawal from the presidential race, Malacanang asked the public Friday to give President Rodrigo Duterte time to decide on who to endorse as his successor. Acting Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles made the remark after Go, whom Duterte had publicly supported, announced his withdrawal from the presidential race. "Si Pangulo has options, has choices that he has to make and we should give him time to make those options, to make those, choice, to make those decisions and give him the leeway to make the announcement kung kelan niya iyon gusto gawin," Nograles said in a press briefing. "Antayin na lang natin si ...

Keep on reading: Palace: Give Duterte time to decide on his choice as successor
Categories: Breaking News

TNT gets Carl Bryan Cruz, Blackwater acquires Jay Washington

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:16
MANILA, Philippines---Blackwater continued to make moves heading into the PBA Governors' Cup after it acquired four-time champion Jay Washington from TNT in exchange for big man Carl Bryan Cruz, the league announced on its website. Also involved in the deal were the Tropang Giga's second round picks for 2022 and 2025. The initial deal was supposedly a swap that would send Cruz to TNT in exchange for Chris Javier and a first round pick. Cruz, whom Alaska drafted in the 2016 Gilas draft, had a decent run with Blackwater in the previous Philippine Cup putting up 8.1 points and 2.7 rebounds. Washington, a two-time Best Player of the Conference, played just one game in the 2021 All-Fili...

Keep on reading: TNT gets Carl Bryan Cruz, Blackwater acquires Jay Washington
Categories: Breaking News

Republicans pull back from the Covid brink -- for now

CNN Top Stories - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:15
Sanity prevailed Thursday night when the Senate overcame an effort by a handful of conservative Republican senators who had threatened to force a government shutdown unless they got a vote on an amendment to defund President Joe Biden's Covid-19 vaccine mandates.
Categories: Breaking News

PGC in Visayas, Mindanao may start sequencing in January 2022 — DOH

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:13
https://youtu.be/-e9u3ZzRYrI MANILA, Philippines --- The Philippine Genome Center (PGC) in the Visayas and Mindanao may start sequencing COVID-19 samples in January to detect variants of concern, the Department of Health (DOH) said Friday. According to Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, health workers assigned at the two PGC satellite offices are currently undergoing capacity building for genome sequencing processes. She said they are awaiting additional equipment for the two laboratories. "According to Dr. Cynthia Saloma, darating within these next two weeks. Iseset-up 'yan, magkakaroon ng mga practice runs so tinitingnan namin. Noong nagmeeting kami noong is...

Keep on reading: PGC in Visayas, Mindanao may start sequencing in January 2022 — DOH
Categories: Breaking News

Comelec raises possibility of politicians using COVID vaccines to ‘buy’ votes

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 15:05
MANILA, Philippines --- Commission on Elections (Comelec) spokesperson James Jimenez raised the possibility of politicians using COVID-19 vaccines as another form of vote-buying. "Sigurado iyan. Sigurado may magsusubok niyan," Jimenez said in a statement published by Participate on Friday, an election coalition affiliated to the Ateneo School of Government. "Balita nga ngayon, mas maraming vaccine kaysa sa gusto magpa-vaccinate. Di ko alam how effective but sigurado may magsasabi niyan na 'pag binoto niyo ko, babakunahan ko kayo." (That's for sure, some politicians will try that. I've heard in the news that there are now more vaccines than vaccinees. I don't know how effecti...

Keep on reading: Comelec raises possibility of politicians using COVID vaccines to ‘buy’ votes
Categories: Breaking News

3 suspects in Cagayan de Oro doctor’s slay nabbed

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 14:59
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY----Police arrested Friday three suspects in the Thursday killing of a doctor in this city in Balingoan town, Misamis Oriental. Lt. Teddy Macarayo, acting Balingoan police chief, said in an initial report that the suspects in the slaying of Dr. Raul Winston Adutan were arrested around 3 a.m. in a raid on a beach house in Barangay San Alonzo. All three are from Bukidnon and had been staying in the beach house for about three weeks until their arrest, Macarayo added. He identified the suspects as Jomar Pacilan Adlao, 30, from Maramag town; Marjun Abayon Cabug, 39, from Don Carlos; and Joel Arcilla Nacua, 37, from Valencia City. A fourth suspect, Rene Tortosa,...

Keep on reading: 3 suspects in Cagayan de Oro doctor’s slay nabbed
Categories: Breaking News

Former nurse who sexually assaulted an intellectually disabled woman is sentenced to 10 years in prison

CNN Top Stories - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 14:46
A man who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting an intellectually disabled woman in an Arizona long-term health care facility was sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday, according to prosecutors.
Categories: Breaking News

Marcos Jr. ‘has not satisfied’ court judgement in 1995 tax evasion case — petitioners

Inquirer Breaking News - Fri, 12/03/2021 - 14:46
  MANILA, Philippines --- Presidential hopeful and former Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. did not "satisfy" the judgment of the court in his 1995 tax evasion case, according to Theodore Te, the legal counsel of petitioners seeking to stop his candidacy for the chief executive position. Te's statement was based on the document from the Regional Trial Court of Quezon City Branch 105 released on Thursday which was furnished to the media on Friday. "Among these documents is a Certification issued by the Acting Presiding Judge that Mr. Marcos Jr. has not satisfied the judgment of the court in these cases," Te also said in an update on their case on Friday. The QC ...

Keep on reading: Marcos Jr. ‘has not satisfied’ court judgement in 1995 tax evasion case — petitioners
Categories: Breaking News

Pages

Subscribe to seafarertimes.com aggregator